IMPRS Selection Symposium
- Start: Apr 20, 2020 09:00
- End: Apr 22, 2020 12:00
- Location: MPI for Terrestrial Microbiology
- Room: Lecture hall
- Host: IMPRS
- Contact: email@example.com
Personal on-site interviews are scheduled for April each year as a part of a selection symposium. During this three-day symposium, applicants present a research project that they conducted as part of their academic training and faculty members give an overview on available PhD projects in their groups. Applicants have the opportunity to meet current IMPRS students to learn more about their research and their experiences with the IMPRS-Mic programme. Finally, applicants will have the opportunity to talk with selected IMPRS faculty members of their interest.
- Sunday 19: Arrival to Welcome Hotel Marburg
- Monday 20: 10-min presentations of the IMPRS faculty, lunch with IMPRS students, 10-min presentations of candidates, dinner with faculty, and Q&A session with IMPRS Coordinator and students
- Tuesday 21: 10-min presentations of candidates, lunch with IMPRS faculty, panel interviews of candidates, visits to labs, dinner with faculty and students (location TBA)
- Wednesday 22: visits to lab and personal interviews (30 min)
- Thursday 23: Departure
Following the selection symposium, the admissions committee will select successful applicants based on the judgment of all IMPRS faculty members regarding the applicant's performance during the selection symposium. Applicants will be notified within one week after the symposium about the outcome of the selection.
The IMPRS teaching programme starts in October each year, but upon agreement with the respective supervisor students who have been accepted into the programme may decide to start their research project earlier.
For more information, please see: IMPRS-mic