Join the Erb lab
Application for Internships and Bachelor's / Master's Theses!
Thank you for your interest in the Erb lab
What we can offer:
- A highly diverse, interdisciplinary and interactive research group
- Training in cutting-edge methods on high-end instruments
- Direct supervision by PostDocs and PhD students
- Exciting science!
Open applications are welcome and you will have a chance to discuss available projects directly with the respective supervisors. For organizational reasons, we ask you to apply not more than 6 month before your desired starting date. Please note that the MPI for Terrestrial Microbiology cannot offer financial support (like a salary/scholarship/grant) for this purpose.
Because our group consists of many international scientists, we suggest you formulate your application in English and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org (by doing so, you agree to our data protection policy - only available in German).
Please only apply via this mailbox if you are looking for a project/position prior to starting your PhD. If you are interested in a PhD, PostDoc or other paid position, please contact Prof. Tobias Erb (and Nelli Pfeifer) directly.
Please include the following details in your application:
- Are you applying for an internship or a Bachelor's or Master's thesis?
- When do you want to start?
- How long would you like to stay with us?
- If applicable: Are you particularly interested in specific topics / projects / methods?
- Your CV (please do not include a picture) - ideally with detailed information on your previous experiences in research
We will consider your application and get back to you within approximately 2 weeks. If there are available positions for your desired time-frame, individual supervisors will get in touch with you to discuss potential projects.
Students in the Master's and Bachelor's program at the Philipps-Universität Marburg and applicants for a PhD position are asked to contact the secretary of the group, Nelli Pfeifer, directly.